Monday, October 12, 2009

Onion staff sit on Nobel committee?

Robert Tracinski at JewishWorldReview.com writes:

The Nobel Committee says that prize is "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples." Which Obama has accomplished by—what exactly? Giving a speech at the UN?

I know, I know, columns and articles and probably talking head news stories (I don't watch television news, so I don't know for sure) on this are all over the place, and after a full weekend, we're probably a bit overloaded on the whole damn topic. But dammit, Tracinski is FUNNY and I never turn down a good bit of snark!

Then there's the part that isn't JUST snark, it's deadly serious:

This is an attempt by the Nobel committee to play on Obama's vanity in order to influence his decisions on Iran and Afghanistan. The message is: how could you possibly let Israel attack Iran's nuclear facilities, or how could you send an additional 40,000 troops to "escalate" the war in Afghanistan—after we've just given you the Nobel Peace Prize?

In appealing to Obama's moral vanity, they know their man well—and it will probably work.

The Nobel Committee may have inadvertantly caused the deaths of American Soldiers, but that isn't what's preeminent in their minds...their utopian idea of 'peace' is uppermost in their minds, and they seem to be of the mind that this will help that plan along.

It would be a very amusing joke...if it weren't for the bloodshed they're going to cause.

No comments: