It's enough to get me by. Knowing how many thugs were shot by the police or each other, what stupid-ass thing my Representative said as she feathers her nest, and how "hard" the city council is "working" aren't priorities in my life.
As a matter of fact, I don't even need to know what the official unemployment numbers are. Numbers can lie when they're spun the right direction...and then can be spun right back the other way for a WHOLE new perspective.
I know some people out of work. I know a couple people who got work...but left the city of their choice to do so. When it's move or collect welfare, my generation tends to hit the road, I think. Then again, maybe it's not my generation. The ones I'm thinking of ARE my generation, but they're also not "city folk." They're the product of small town and rural upbringing. Are we more self-reliant at this age if we grew up without government intervention in every aspect of our lives? If so, what does that say about government intervention in every aspect of our lives?
John Stossel is one of my libertarian/ Constitutionalist heroes. From his column at JewishWorldReview.com:
OK, economic forecasters make mistakes. Fair enough. But neither the administration experts nor President Obama will acknowledge that their models and strategy are flawed. Instead, they spin the numbers and proclaim success, insisting that the plan is working even though unemployment is higher than they said it would be.
For example, Christina Romer, chief of the president's Council of Economic Advisers, preferred to emphasize that the 216,000 jobs lost in August were about half a million less than six months before. Never mind that the economic strategy hasn't restored any of those 700,000 jobs previously lost. They'd rather distract us by focusing on the slowing rate of loss rather than the losses themselves.
Lord knows these brilliant folks can't be WRONG in their predictions. Of course, I don't give them as much credit as Stossel does. I think they knew what would happen all along and lied. And since "journalism" no longer requires investigating and reporting FACTS, no one catches the lies.
UPDATE: Track-A-'Crat has written about the Road to Hell...of course, he doesn't call it that, and neither do our helpful socialist friends in government bureaurcacy, but it is what it is. Thanks, Track!


2 comments:
Ex-daughter-in-law's electrician husband had NO work this week. He's doing handyman stuff for $10 to $12 an hour, whatever the market will bear.
They bought a house just last year so have no equity.
I refuse to lay all the blame at BarryO's door, too. CongressWeasels been rolling over like $20 hookers, but were even getting stupid shit through before Barry got here. It's been coming for a long time...every time those dicks in D.C. get a wild hair to improve their legacy.
Pathetic little worms...but DANGEROUS worms all the same.
I know it's not enough, but First Transit's been interviewing drivers if you know anyone might be interested. Just found that out yesterday, forgot until right now.
Post a Comment