It's been 18 years. I didn't know this young man. We were living in this house, with a little girl and a dog and a cat. We've lived in 4 other places since then, returning to this house 6 years ago. I remember the reports, watching the tv on top of the fridge while I fixed dinner and washed dishes. I have been kinda tearful for nearly an hour now. He was one of ours...and he is missed. JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- After nearly two decades, the remains of a Navy pilot from Orange Park -- the first American lost in the Persian Gulf War -- have been found in Iraq, the military said Sunday.
News4Jax.com
Thank you for your Service, Captain Speicher. We will not forget.
(Thanks, Swampie)
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I remember when he was first declared dead and the agony of his young family.
It's kind of a deja vu moment when Capt Speicher was finally found, the last two MIA's from Australia's involvement in Vietnam were also found (also Air Force).
Finally these three fine young men are coming home.
Lest we forget
That kinda struck me, too, Carpe, when I read it at Kae's.
Another chapter in the long book being written, comes to a close.
Post a Comment