Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mary Jo Kopechne could not be reached for comment

Scum at a molecular level. Liar, cheat, thief. Pompous A**hole.

Tell me, someone - anyone - why this worm deserves a kind or respectful word?

From Three Beers Later:

"Then Kennedy threw himself on top of the woman. The waitress implored Mr. Kennedy to 'Get off me!'

"Another waitress entered to find 'things all tipped over and Kennedy was on top, [the waitress] was in the middle and Dodd was on the bottom.' At that point the sandwich was disassembled."
-- Washington Times


Unlike a commenter at GrouchyConsvervativePundits, I don't feel sorry for his family, either. They know what he was - commenter SwampWoman:

Of course, the fact that he was attempting to deny the healthcare to the masses that HE was the recipient of will be overlooked.


I thought of referring to Teddy as a pig, a dog, or maybe a weasel (though he WAS an Elected CongressWeasel, that's just part of a previously named Group of Scum), but reverse-anthropmorphising only makes my brain hurt for the poor creatures used as illustrations. I've made an exception with 'worm' only because it fits so well...so does maggot. From Kae's link - The Australian, some small understatement:

In 1969, Kennedy accidentally drove off a bridge at Chappaquiddick in Massachusetts, killing a female companion, Mary Jo Kopechne.

The scandal deepened when it emerged that Kennedy had swum to safety from the car, leaving Kopechne, then waited until the following day to report the incident.

My final bit on this topic comes from Robert Stacy McCain:

Forgiven by the media, liberals are shameless about such things. And so, in subsequent years, Americans were often subjected to the shameful spectacle of Ted Kennedy, the Chappaquiddick swim champ, lecturing us in moralistic tones about this, that and the other.


Whenever Kennedy would inflict his pompous self-righteous liberal moralizing on us, I'd always hear Ann Coulter's immortal words: "Mary Jo Kopechne could not be reached for comment."

And so I've used that line for the last time. And the knowledge of that finality is the only sadness I feel about Ted Kennedy's death.

Read the whole thing.

A user and abuser and a taker by nature has left the building - after FAR too long and ruinous stay on this planet.

UPDATE! Piece of Work In Progress has a GREAT visual!

No comments: