I didn't post yesterday, and almost missed today. Internet service is dodgy at best, and I can't stay on long...and I have dozens of things to do that really are more pressing than posting links to the columns written by a man I think may be smarter than the entire population of Capitol Hill put together. Including the ones I kinda like.
Since I missed it yesterday, my link to Thomas Sowell, Part I, is his column at Townhall.com. The second part is today's column from JewishWorldReview.com. I used to read Townhall all the time, no idea why I don't still do so...well, yes, I do know - I have a ton of other things to get done and a Pixie to potty train. This stuff don't do itself, y'know?
There's been a lot of rain 'round these parts today...and yesterday...and even Monday. I like that it's not 110 in the shade, the cloud cover keeps it almost bearable, temperature-wise...but I think my hair must be getting curlier as I age, is that possible? I don't really wanna turn into Raggedy Ann or Shirley Temple. Really. And I don't like to futz with my hair, it's partly why I cut it off last year. May have to cut it again to keep it in line but I was hoping to make it to August...
One more quick thing...our plan to not become independently wealthy has had some serious assistance recently and is succeeding beyond our wildest dreams. The computer needs an overhaul and some new additions, as I mentioned previously. And I gotta have new tires on my ol truck so it doesn't qualify as a death machine. I don't wanna spend money on such an old wreck, about half of what I could sell it for, I think, but I don't have any other options that don't include being in debt. Which is like garlic to a vampire in this household. And we're going to help out Lovely Daughter so she can take a college course. Between them, she and her hubby make too much money to get financial assistance. Ain't that a kick in the head? Lower middle class who work for everything they have gets crapped on, while the "poverty-stricken" who drive snazzy new SUV's & have their nails done every week on welfare money get to attend school on my dime, too.
I'm glad to help my kids when I can, though, because it's not something I thought would ever happen. Ever. Makes me feel good, and useful, to be able to help.
Life Is Good.
And don't you forget it!
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment