Caroline B. Glick's column:
THE REAL OBAMA effect on world affairs relates to the US media's unprecedented willingness to abandon the basic responsibilities of a free press in favor of acting as propagandists for the president. From Cooper - who pretends that Obama's unreciprocated open hand to the mullahs is what empowered the protesters - to Newsweek editor Evan Thomas who referred to Obama earlier this month as a "sort of God," without a hint of irony, the US media have mobilized to serve the needs of the president.
Media whores for the government. Our Founding Fathers surely weep for us.
What they fail to consider is that by genuflecting to tyrants, Obama has made the US an international laughingstock. Far from sharing their adulation of Obama and his cool demeanor, most of the nations of the world believe that the US has abandoned its leadership role.
There's a Tea Party here on 2 July. I have a previous commitment (2 of 'em, actually) so not sure I can make it, but I may design a shirt to wear WHEREVER I may be. Suggestions for wording are greatly appreciated, if you'd put them in a comment? Thanks!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment