A couple summers ago, I flew to Denver, rented a car, and spent a couple weeks wandering in places I had never driven - because I was too young to drive when we lived there. I found my way to Scobey, which is still a very small town on a very big prairie where the wind blows...all the time. I stopped in to talk with the woman at Bev's Sewing Center. Beverly Lund is a friendly, talented woman. She helped refresh some of the memories I had and we have continued an online friendship, too. I recently ordered some fabric from her to do a project I've had on my list for quite some time (arrival of the Pixie set things back a bit, but we're getting there).
Anyway, the point of this post is to alert you to the new links in my blogroll. One is for flannels4baby.com, where you can buy baby-print flannels and quilting cotton and other supplies at VERY reasonable prices. Read the testimonials if you don't believe me! The other link is for Donovan Slippers, a footwear item made in Scobey, Montana that is going to be my favorite piece of footwear once I get around to ordering some. Bev has a blog, too, where she takes readers through the steps of making a quilt - is that cool, or what!
Thanks for your time and hard work, Bev, and the news you send from a place I will never forget.
UPDATE...but more of a revision, I suppose...
The year we lived in Scobey, it snowed a couple of feet - on the first of May!


No comments:
Post a Comment