Sunday, November 15, 2009

"They stand between us and those who would plunge our nation into darkness."


Ben Shapiro tells about another anti-American movie that paints our proud Warriors as monsters and psychos. Funny how many who tell such stories have little or no experience with REAL military members or their families. I take this as a PERSONAL affront, being a Navy Wife of 22 years, and with my brother, cousins, father and uncles having also worn the uniform.

I will not pay to see another Hollywood production, in a theatre or recorded. I rewrote that, because there were conditions such as 'war movie' or a certain time period in my first writing. I apply no such conditions now that I think of it. It isn't as if Hollywood is going to miss my few pennies, I'm not a movie buff in any way shape or form. Like Congress, Hollyweird doesn't give a rat's shiny rear end what I think, either. But I try to stand by my principles, and I don't have enough cash to waste on people who have such little respect for the finest and bravest among us. I can catch the few movies I might be interested in on a cable channel I already pay for. The last movie I watched was "Taking Chance" on HBO. Last year. The last movie I saw in a theatre was "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King."

From the column:

Where is George Clooney when we need him? Where is Ewan McGregor? Where is Tobey Maguire? Apparently, they are too busy pillorying soldiers as would-be Maj. Nidal Hasans to remember who our soldiers really are: Michael Monsoors. Heroes. True brothers. And true protectors.

4 comments:

Carol said...

KC, I've given up on watching movies. I go to movies to be entertained and I don't find anything entertaining about my country being insulted.

On a personal note-thank you for your comment to Montana at There Was No "Pet Goat" Moment. I was at a loss for words and that doesn't happen very often.

SwampWoman said...

KC, I'm with you. Most of the movies that are made seem to have a target market of those with IQs of 50 or lower.

kc aka Little Grandma's Kitchen said...

The thing that bothers ME the most here is I sound like an obnoxious, crotchety ol harpy. The older I get, the less I want to spend the little cash I have on rich, spoiled, obnoxious people who think I'm an idiot.

I appreciate both of you coming by. Have a great Monday!

Anonymous said...

I find myself going to watch movies less and less because of (a) there being lots of people there and (b) there being lots of people there who think that movies are interactive experiences.

I rarely watch anything based on current events (and therefore things that I read about every day), and always stay away from Hollywood offerings that are blatant propaganda pieces (of which there are many).

Although I wish to God that I could have back the two and a half hours that I spent watching Transformers 2.